Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 20 large pasta shells
- 15 ounces whole-milk ricotta
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1.5 cups chopped asparagus (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated white cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the shells in a large pot of boiling salted water per package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Spread 1/2 the jar of Kale Pesto Sauce in the bottom of a 9” x 13” broiler-safe baking dish.
- Combine the ricotta, scallions, peas, asparagus, parsley, mint, lemon zest, 1/3 cup white cheddar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Fill 16 cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in the sauce-lined dish (the other 4 shells are backups in case some break when filling).
- Pour the remaining sauce over top of the shells and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheddar.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover, switch oven to broil, and cook until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
In This Recipe
Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published