Veggie stuffed shells combine with our fan-favorite Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce in this easy, family-friendly recipe. Makes 4 to 6 Servings.
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 20 large pasta shells
- 15 ounces whole-milk ricotta
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1.5 cups chopped asparagus (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated white cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the shells in a large pot of boiling, salted water per package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Spread 1/2 the jar of Kale Pesto Sauce in the bottom of a 9” x 13” broiler-safe baking dish.
- Combine the ricotta, scallions, peas, asparagus, parsley, mint, lemon zest, 1/3 cup white cheddar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Fill 16 cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in the sauce-lined dish (the other 4 shells are backups in case some break when filling).
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the shells and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheddar.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover, switch oven to broil, and cook until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published
Michelle July 15, 2021
Is there supposed to be parsley or not? It is NOT listed in the ingredients, but it’s listed in the instructions.