← Back to All Recipes
Love seafood? Easy to make and quick to warm you up, our simple Cioppino is the perfect stew for you. Makes 4 Servings.
- 2 jars Sonoma Gourmet Cioppino Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 clams, scrubbed
- 14 mussels, scrubbed
- 3/4 pound halibut, skin removed and cut into 2” chunks, seasoned with salt
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, seasoned with salt
- 8 ounces Dungeness crab meat
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Crusty sourdough bread for dipping (optional)
- Heat a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add wine and butter. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add cioppino sauce and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer (about 5 minutes).
- Add clams and mussels. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add halibut, submerge in broth, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, submerge in broth, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add crab meat on top of the broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, discard any clams or mussels that didn’t open and season if necessary.
- Add lemon juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Ladle the cioppino into bowls, top with additional parsley and serve with crusty bread.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published