← Back to All Recipes
Made with Cherry Tomato Sauce and Roasted Chiles Olive Oil, this hearty, homey shakshuka recipe is sure to warm you up. Makes 4 to 6 Servings.
- 1 jar of Sonoma Gourmet Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we use our Roasted Chiles Olive Oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Crusty bread for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Warm oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the onion, bell pepper, and a large pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and turning translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook, stirring constantly, until nice and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce, cilantro, parsley, and spinach. Stir, and let the mixture come to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Use the back of a spoon to make a well near the outer edge of the sauce and crack an egg directly into it. Gently spoon a bit of the tomato mixture over the whites to help contain it and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with the remaining eggs, depending on how many you can fit.
- Transfer pot to oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, checking often once you reach 8 minutes. They’re done when the egg whites are an opaque white and the yolks are still soft. They should still jiggle in the centers when you wiggle the pan.
- Carefully transfer pot to the stovetop and top with feta, additional cilantro, and basil. Serve in bowls with crusty bread.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published