← Back to All Recipes
Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil: This easy recipe for poached shrimp and herby-fresh gremolata will have the compliments flowing. Makes 4 Servings.
- 1/3 cup Sonoma Gourmet Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil
- 3.5 cups plain extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 24 large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- For the gremolata, combine 1 teaspoon Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil, pistachios, basil, garlic, lemon zest, pinch of salt, and pinch of black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 2 tablespoons Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil, salt, pepper, and ground coriander. Toss to combine.
- Attach a candy/frying thermometer to the side of a pot and heat over medium heat until thermometer reaches 175 degrees F.
- Slowly add shrimp to the oil and poach until shrimp are opaque and start to shrink (about 6 minutes). Make sure to adjust heat to keep oil temperature between 170 and 180 degrees F.
- Transfer shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Heat the gremolata in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp to bowls or plates and top with the gremolata.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published