← Back to All Recipes
Squash your cravings with this saucy salad recipe featuring our cold pressed, garlic-flavored, bestselling olive oils. Makes 2 Servings.
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 a loaf of day-old rustic sourdough bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 large lacinato kale leaves, washed, removed from stems, and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil
- 4 to 5 slices prosciutto, torn into bite sized pieces (or Salami, if preferred)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup pepitas, toasted in oil in a small pan
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the torn sourdough bread pieces onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle generously with Sauteed Garlic Olive Oil and a hefty pinch of salt, tossing together with your hands to coat. Toast the bread for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat an additional large rimmed sheet pan on the lower rack while the bread toasts on the center rack. When bread bits are golden brown and not yet crunchy, remove from the oven, add a pinch of salt and black pepper and let cool.
- Spread the butternut squash and sliced red onions onto the preheated sheet pan. Drizzle with Garlic & Herb Olive Oil and a large pinch of kosher salt and lots of black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes; halfway through, toss the vegetables, add freshly ground black pepper and 5 torn slices of prosciutto to the tray before returning to the oven. Once everything is tender and roasted, remove from the oven and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. Let cool at least 10 minutes on a countertop, tossing everything gently to release steam and heat.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the torn kale and cooled roasted veggies with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Add the toasted sourdough croutons, red wine vinegar, and toasted pepitas. Gently mix and toss everything together until ingredients are evenly distributed. Serve immediately.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published