MEXICAN RICE Recipe
March 01, 2021
← Back to All Recipes
This simple, spicy dish starts with our Roasted Garlic Sauce. Keto-friendly and super easy! Makes 6 Servings.
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 small yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Chiles Olive Oil
- 2 cups Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded & minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat until it shimmers. Add the uncooked rice, tossing frequently until golden brown and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and toss just until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño, cumin, salt, black pepper, tomato sauce, and broth. Stir to combine and heat until gently boiling.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed, gently fluffing the rice after 15 minutes.
- Taste the rice for seasoning and add additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Fold in the freshly chopped tomatoes until fully incorporated. Top with freshly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice (if using) and serve.
In This Recipe
Roasted Garlic Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published