SPINACH ALFREDO CHICKEN ENCHILADAS Recipe
March 01, 2021
← Back to All Recipes
We've reimagined enchilada night with a little help from our cold pressed Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil and Spinach Alfredo specialty sauce. Makes 6 to 8 Servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (we use our Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1.5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Spinach Alfredo Sauce
- 8 large soft tortillas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup of shredded cheese, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, cumin, chili powder, and jalapeños. Add the onion-mushroom-garlic mixture and stir to combine.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with some of the Spinach Alfredo Sauce (1/4 jar).
- Divide the chicken-cheese-veggie mixture amongst the tortilla shells. Roll them tightly, and place them seam side down into the baking dish with Alfredo sauce. Top with the remainder of the Alfredo sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup of mixed shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Dish-up and serve topped with cilantro, avocado, lime wedges, and hot sauce.
In This Recipe
Spinach Alfredo Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published