← Back to All Recipes
Our take on spicy tomato queso dip features our Vodka Cream Sauce and is ready to serve in under 30 minutes. Makes About 2 Cups.
- 12 ounces Sonoma Gourmet Vodka & Cream Sauce
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces shredded or torn American cheese
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeño brine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, veggies, or crackers, for serving
- In a small jar, shake 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/4 cup of milk until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the Vodka & Cream Sauce. Stir and heat until gently bubbling.
- Add the cornstarch and milk mixture, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened and cornstarch is fully incorporated.
- Add cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper as desired, and stir.
- Gradually add handfuls of cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pickled jalapeño brine and chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Serve immediately with chips, veggies, or crackers.
- For best results, serve the dip right out of the pan or pot, or heat in an oven-safe serving vessel before serving.
In This Recipe
Vodka Cream Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published