Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil (we use our Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil)
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 12 ounces orecchiette
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together broccoli, oil, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and the red pepper flakes. Roast until tender and slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together Parmesan, panko, lemon zest, a teaspoon of salt, and black pepper.
- In the pot you cooked the pasta in, add the pasta, broccoli, and Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the pasta-broccoli mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan-panko-lemon mixture. Drizzle generously with oil, and broil until topping is crisped and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dish up and finish with a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice over top.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published