SOUTHWEST VEGGIE BOWL Recipe
March 01, 2021
← Back to All Recipes
Veggies are better smothered in our Kale Pesto White Cheddar bestselling sauce. It's still healthy, we promise... Makes 4 Servings.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil, divided
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 2.5 cups cooked farro, cooled
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, for serving
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove the cores and seeds from the bell peppers, and slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Brush the vegetables with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables until charred, taking them off the grill as they're done.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Add the cumin and chili powder, and stir to combine. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Kale Pesto Sauce, stir to combine, and let warm until ready to serve.
- Make each bowl by adding a scoop of farro and the desired amount of grilled veggies. Add a scoop of the corn and a few slices of mozzarella. Top with basil, flaky salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published