← Back to All Recipes
Heirloom Tomato Pizza Sauce: What's better than pizza? These pizza muffins, of course. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever. Makes 4 Servings.
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (we used whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Heirloom Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and spray a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out pizza dough into a 12 x 16 rectangle.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, oregano, and garlic.
- Spread softened butter mixture all over the pizza dough. Add half the pizza sauce to the dough and spread evenly almost to the edges. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni bits.
- With the long edge of the dough facing you, roll it into a log. Use a serrated knife to cut the log into 12 equal pieces, carefully pressing toppings back inside.
- Place each pizza roll into the muffin pan, swirled side up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, adding additional mozzarella cheese to the tops halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and serve immediately with additional pizza sauce for dipping.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published