← Back to All Recipes
Bring some flavor to your lunch menu with this saucy mushroom toast recipe featuring cold pressed, garlic-flavored olive oil. Makes 2 Servings.
- 2 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound portobello or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream (optional)
- 2 thick slices of country bread, for toasting
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat a wide skillet over high heat and add olive oil and butter. When butter begins to sizzle, add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Sauté for a minute more.
- Add the Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce and crème fraîche. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread slices until golden. Lightly butter them and place them on individual plates.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over the toast and top with chopped parsley.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published