Makes 4 Sandwiches
- 1 cup Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups chopped baby kale
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 large slices rustic sourdough bread
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Cook the bacon, drain, and set aside to cool. Chop into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine Kale Pesto Sauce, cream cheese, shredded white cheddar, chopped bacon, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in the chopped kale with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Top 4 of the sourdough slices with a generous amount of the cheesy-bacon mixture and a few slices of apple.
- Add another thin layer of the cheesy-bacon mixture on top of the apple.
- Place a clean slice of bread on top of each sandwich and press down lightly.
- Butter the top and bottom of each sandwich and let rest.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low. Add the sandwiches (cooking in batches if necessary), cover the pan with a lid or foil, and cook until the bottom bread is golden, about 2 - 3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from the skillet and cut diagonally. Serve with a little Dijon mustard.
In This Recipe
Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published