BROTHY BEANS Recipe
June 05, 2020
← Back to All Recipes
We make a mean brothy beans with our Roasted Veggie Sauce and Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil. Makes 4 Servings.
- 1 jar of Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Veggie Sauce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (we use our Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2.5 cups dried gigante or butter beans
- 5 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- Using the sauté feature on the Instant Pot, heat 1/4 cup oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, and cook until the pot is almost dry, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, bay leaves, oregano, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of salt, 2 cups water, and all of the Roasted Veggie Sauce. Stir to combine.
- Close/Seal the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, manually release the pressure, being careful of the steam. The beans should be tender and creamy. Remove the bay leaves and oregano stems.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve beans topped with more grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
In This Recipe
Roasted Veggie Sauce
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published