Makes 8 Biscuits
- 3/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.75 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and flour. Add chilled cubed butter and combine with hands until a shaggy mass forms.
- Add the green onions and mix until distributed.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl and add the Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce and Greek yogurt. Use a fork to slowly incorporate wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a crumbly dough forms.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead with two hands until all the bits are stuck together. Press into an 8” x 4” rectangle (about 1” thick).
- Fold over each side one on top of the other, like a letter, press down and re-form into another 8” x 4” rectangle. Repeat the folding technique once more and press again into a final 8” x 4” rectangle.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into 8 biscuits and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of biscuits with the melted butter and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a dollop of extra Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published