Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 1 pound Lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we use our Basil Parmesan Olive Oil)
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt.
- Place lasagna noodles in a Ziploc bag and gently break up noodles using a pan.
- Cook pasta for 1 minute less than the package directions (al dente).
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ricotta and lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and return to pot.
- Add half of the sauce and 1/3 cup of basil to the pasta and toss gently to coat. Add the remaining sauce and a splash of reserved pasta water.
- Transfer half of the pasta mixture to a large oven-proof dish and put the oven on broil.
- Add a few tablespoons of the ricotta-lemon mixture, top with 1/2 of the parmesan, and a several grinds of black pepper.
- Layer remaining pasta and top with remaining ricotta, parmesan, several more grinds of black pepper.
- Pop the dish in the oven and let broil for a few minutes—until the top is browned to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and dish up, garnishing with a drizzle of olive oil, the remaining basil, and maybe a little more parmesan. Serve immediately.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published