← Back to All Recipes
Creamy chicken meets sundried tomatoes in this easy pasta dish with Vodka Cream Sauce and Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil. Makes 4 to 6 Servings.
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Vodka Cream Sauce
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we use our Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz. oil-packed, sundried tomatoes, removed from oil; oil reserved
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed and cut into 1/2” chunks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Season the chicken liberally with kosher salt, white pepper, and paprika.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and sundried tomatoes for 1 minute.
- Remove the sundried tomatoes from the skillet, leaving the garlic and oil.
- Add a tablespoon of the reserved sundried tomato oil. Add the chicken and sauté for 1 minute per side. Remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Slice sundried tomatoes into smaller pieces and add them back to the skillet with the chicken.
- Add the sauce and shredded mozzarella to the skillet, stir and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the cream sauce and stir to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of basil and the red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time.
- Season the mixture with salt and white pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes for flavors to combine.
- Dish up and top with remaining basil.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published