Makes 4 Servings
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Butternut Squash Sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne or ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (we use our Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, for serving
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Butternut Squash Sauce, shredded cheese, sage, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoons black pepper. Stir well and bring to a simmer over low-medium heat.
- Check the seasoning, adjust as needed, and keep the sauce warm over very low heat.
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the cooking instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, grease the bottom and sides of an 8 x 10 baking dish with the butter.
- Turn oven on broil.
- Add the oil and breadcrumbs to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the butternut-cheese sauce and stir to coat completely.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the buttered baking dish and top with the bread crumbs. Broil until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dish up, topping with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published