Makes 3 Quesadillas
- 1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 flour tortillas
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced or torn
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat the sauce in a medium saucepan for 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, place a tortilla in the skillet and let heat for 10 seconds.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of sauce over the tortilla, going almost to the edge.
- Add 1/3 of the mozzarella, 1/3 of the basil, a teaspoon of balsamic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with the other tortilla and press down with your spatula for 30 to 45 seconds, checking the bottom to make sure it isn’t burning.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla using two spatulas and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a plate and put in the oven while you make the other quesadillas.
- Once all quesadillas are done cooking, move them to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Drizzle each wedge with more balsamic and serve with a side of sauce for dipping.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published