Makes 2 Servings
- 4 boneless English short ribs, 2 to 3 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided (we use our Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 25 oz. jar of Sonoma Gourmet Cherry Tomato Basil Sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season your short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Add the cayenne and flour to a large Ziploc bag, seal, and shake to combine. Add the short ribs and shake to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the short ribs and brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown the other side. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the remaining oil, onion, and thyme. Stir to combine, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Cherry Tomato basil Sauce and stir to combine. Add the short ribs back in and nestle them in the sauce, leaving a 1/2-inch or so exposed. Cover, put in the oven, and cook for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven, remove the thyme sprigs, and serve with your favorite sides, topping with a sprinkle of chives. If desired, serve over a bed of polenta.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published