← Back to All Recipes
An easy zucchini recipe with our Roasted Veggie Sauce. A vegetarian staple. That's how we roll. Makes 4 to 6 Servings.
- 1 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Veggie Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (we use our Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil)
- 6 large zucchinis
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/8” thick strips. Place strips on a paper towel-lined baking sheet or cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, ricotta, lemon zest, mint, 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, granulated garlic, salt, white pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread a thin layer of the Roasted Veggie Sauce onto the bottom of a 9" x 13” baking dish.
- On each slice of zucchini, spoon a thin layer of sauce, a thin layer of the ricotta mixture, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Roll each piece and place in the baking dish, spiral side up. Repeat and tightly pack the rolls together.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with remaining olive oil, top with basil, and serve immediately.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published