← Back to All Recipes
Roasted Veggie Sauce: Chill out, vegetarians. We've got a meatless chili recipe just for you (and anyone who loves delicious food). Makes 4 Servings.
- 4 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 25 oz. jar Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Veggie Sauce
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, for serving
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced, for serving
- Pickled jalapeños, for serving
- 1/4 cup crema or sour cream, for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the oil and when hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, chile powder, and oregano. Stir to combine and sauté for another minute.
- Add the beans, hot sauce, honey, tomato sauce, and a few large pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt, chile powder, and oregano to taste.
- To serve, top with shredded cheese, avocado, jalapeño, a dollop of crema, and a few pinches of cilantro.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published