← Back to All Recipes
Heirloom Tomato Pizza Sauce: This pancetta pizza fondue is everything you love about pizza in a gooey, dippable pot. Makes 4 Servings.
- 8 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 12 oz. jars Sonoma Gourmet Heirloom Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Sonoma Gourmet Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into squares, lightly oiled, and toasted
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the pancetta over medium heat, tossing frequently. Add the minced shallot, stir and cook just until translucent.
- Pour in the pizza sauce, garlic powder, and oregano. Stir and heat over medium-low until warmed through.
- While the sauce is warming, slice a loaf of French bread lengthwise. Brush or drizzle the garlic & herb olive oil on the open faces and slice into strips or squares. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and toasty, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the bread with a pinch of salt.
- In the pot of sauce, add the cheese by the handful, stirring in between each addition. Once all cheese is melted, transfer to a fondue pot or serve the fondue right out of the pot it was cooked in.
- Serve with the toasted bread bites, and any additional dippers, such as cubed bell peppers, crackers, or other veggies of choice.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published