Makes 2 to 3 Servings
- 1 cup of Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 lightly steamed asparagus spears
- 1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed and cut into thick slices
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/4 loaf sourdough bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced dried sopressata
- In a medium bowl, combine the Kale Pesto White Cheddar Sauce and the grated white cheddar cheese.
- In a medium-heavy saucepan (or a stove-safe fondue pot), bring the wine and sherry vinegar to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the cheese mixture a little at a time, stirring well. Keep stirring until the mixture is as smooth as possible. Add the nutmeg and cayenne and stir to combine.
- Arrange the dipping ingredients on a platter. If not using a fondue pot, then carefully pour the fondue into a warm serving dish and make sure to stir regularly. Serve with small forks or long wooden skewers and dip away.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published
Barbara Cox July 15, 2021
Please post more recipes for Kale Pesto white Cheddar sauce.