Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Bacon Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (we use our Basil & Parmesan Olive Oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey (dark meat if possible)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms, another pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and mushrooms to a large bowl, stir in 1/3 cup of the Bacon Alfredo Sauce and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, milk, and eggs in a small bowl. Stir the breadcrumb mixture and the eggs into the mushrooms, onions, and Alfredo Sauce mixture. Add another pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly ground pepper.
- Add the turkey and gently mix everything using your hands (the mixture will be very wet).
- Gently press the mixture into the loaf pan and slather the top with an additional 3 tablespoons of Alfredo Sauce.
- Put the loaf pan on a rimmed baking sheet and pop in the oven. Cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meatloaf registers 165 degrees; about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan, and slice into 1” pieces. Garnish with more of the Bacon Alfredo Sauce and chopped parsley.
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published