← Back to All Recipes
This recipe takes the cake. No, seriously. It's a deliciously sweet and citrusy cake made with our Orange & Rosemary Olive Oil. Makes 1 Cake.
- 1/2 cup Sonoma Gourmet Orange Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 8” round cake pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar at high speed for 30 seconds. While the mixer is on, add the oil in a slow, steady stream. Add the milk, beating until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the vanilla, and let mix for 10 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and 2 tablespoons of basil. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet mixture in the mixing bowl, beating until combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Put in the oven and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with remaining basil, a slice of orange, and a sprig of rosemary.
- Wrap loosely in foil or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
In This Recipe
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published